MacDonald Egan is bringing forward proposals to redevelop the under-used, low-quality, commercial buildings at the southern end of Blackhorse Lane into a modern residential-led scheme.
MacDonald Egan are proposing to develop a new ‘urban village’ between Blackhorse Lane and High Maynard Reservoir, which will include housing, retail and a new park.
The proposals are for:
- 494 new homes, including provision of much
needed affordable and family housing
- Subsidised community space and art gallery for
charities, start-ups and local businesses
- A linear park running between Blackhorse Lane and High Maynard Reservoir, which will open up access
to the Reservoir for the local community
- High-quality student accommodation for around 500 students
- New retail units and a community cafe.